Learn More About Us
Our passion for what we do, the key to our excellence
Since its establishment, the University has been keen to keep pace with scientific and technological progress. It has established various faculties that respond to the requirements of development by providing the required competencies. From this point of view, in 2010/2011, the University initiated a quantum leap in the development of the information technology sector leading to establishing the Faculty of Information Technology, which grants a bachelor’s degree in the fields of information technology such as (Health Informatics, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, and Communications Engineering). The purpose of this faculty is to meet the needs of the society in the required disciplines in the information technology sector, in addition to establishing strong bonds with the society, especially in terms of advanced courses and Training of cadres, and promoting scientific research in the fields of information technology and health care management, benefiting the community, as well as work to provide the infrastructure and cadres necessary for the software industry and technical support.
- To be the pioneers in providing quality education and conducting qualitative research in the field of information technology and health care management.
- Strengthen partnerships with the community.
- To be amongst the front-runners of the corresponding regional Faculties according to international standards by 2025.
- Provide a motivating environment for learning and creativity using advanced scientific curricula and modern technology and extraordinary faculty members.
- Commitment to graduating qualified professionals capable to deal with the community’s technical and health needs.
- Adopting a continuous technological learning strategy within and outside the university community.
- Dissemination of the IT awareness culture and the definition of information technology mechanization.
- Engaging Advanced Technology in Education, and contributing to the creation of a qualified generation in dealing with new technologies in health institutions and serving different sectors of society by providing logistical consultancies “scientific and technological” ethics.
- Contribution to the development and modernization of the educational system through the Training of national competencies and preparing them to contribute to the activation of human development plans and development process in general.
- Strengthen communication and partnership with institutions and organizations concerned with education domestically and internationally.
- commitment to professional ethics.
- Meet the community’s need of the necessary disciplines in the information technology sector.
- Encouraging scientific research in the fields of information technology and health care management.
- Providing the infrastructure and the necessary cadres for the software industry and technical support.
- Establishing strong relationships with the community through the establishment of advanced training courses for all cadres.
- Preparing graduates to practice and master technical and administrative professions with the ability to take the initiative to introduce new developments in the field of information technology and health management.
- Developing the university’s human resources in the use of information technology.
- Establishing distinguished centers to provide scientific and technical advice.
- Faculty members are encouraged to fully contribute to the development of curricula in the field of information technology and health care management, and to keep abreast of new ones.